Information We Collect
We are committed to transparency in data collection. When we request personal information, we will clearly explain why it is needed.
If you contact us directly, we may collect additional information, including your name, email address, phone number, the content of your message, attachments you send us, and any other information you choose to provide.
When you make donations or support our cause, we may ask for your contact information, including your name, address, email address, and phone number.
How We Use Your Information
We utilize the information we collect primarily for the following purposes:
- Managing and maintaining our website.
- Facilitating donations and financial support for children.
- Communicating with you about our mission, updates, and other relevant information.
- Sending Emails
- Detecting and preventing fraud.
The Optimists follows standard procedures for using log files, which include recording visitor activities on our website. Log files may contain IP addresses, browser types, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks. This data is used for website analysis, administration, user tracking, and demographic information collection. It is not personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
The Optimists does not engage in third-party advertising on our website.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California consumers with the following rights:
- Request disclosure of categories and specific pieces of personal data collected.
- Request deletion of personal data collected.
- Opt-out of the sale of personal data.
- For CCPA requests, please contact us. We will respond within one month.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), every user is entitled to certain data protection rights:
- Right to access: Request copies of your personal data.
- Right to rectification: Request corrections of inaccurate information or completion of incomplete data.
- Right to erasure: Request the deletion of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing: Request restrictions on the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: Object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability: Request the transfer of your data to another organization or directly to you under certain conditions.
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We will respond within one month.
Last updated: 10-06-2023